You’ve seen it in fitness magazines, bodybuilders with bulging muscles and perfect bodies. Here are 3 ways to improve your gym workouts for a champion body.
Is your gym workouts suffering? It’s no wonder why so many people feel stuck and are not able to reach their fitness goals.
There are so many conflicting arguments on both sides as to what’s the best way to build muscle or lose fat.
If you know how to apply these 4 specialized techniques taught by Strength and Olympic coaches, you can make gains 365 days a year all while increasing the bodies natural testosterone and growth hormone.
Here’s how to keep things simple but still yeild incredible results.
Below you will find a formula that will point you in the right direction WITHOUT all the non sense you find on the internet.
Tip #1 Optimal Nutrition
Calories For Building Muscle or Losing Weight Before, During and After Gym Workouts
Getting your nutrition in order must be your top priority in order to build a lean and ripped body.
There are so many ways to optimize nutrition, from how many calories your body needs a day to nutritional timing before and after workouts.
On a very basic level and depending on your goals, there are 2 methods of nutrition you need to understand:
- To gain weight, you need to be in at least a 500 calorie surplus of your maintenance calories. If your basic metabolic rate for maintaining weight is 2,000 calories that would mean you need to eat 2,500 calories to see any weight gain. Here’s a FREE muscle building calculator to help you figure this out=>Muscle Building Calculator
- To lose weight, you need to be in at least a 500 calorie deficit of your maintenance calories. If your basic metabolic rate for maintaining weight is 2,000 calories that would mean you need to eat 1,500 calories to see any weight loss. Here’s a FREE fat burning calculator to help you figure this out=>Fat Burning Calculator
The other important aspect to nutrition is when and how to eat food.
Daily Macros For Gaining Weight
- Morning: Protein/Fat
- 2 Hours Before Training: Protein/Carb
- During Workout: BCAA’s/Carb Drink
- 1 Hour After Workout: Protein/Carb Shake
- 1 Hour After Protein/Carb Shake: Protein/Carb Meal
- 2 Hours After First Post Meal: Protein/Carb
- Before Bed: Protein/Fat
Daily Macros For Losing Weight
- Morning: Protein/Fat
- 2 Hours Before Training: Protein/Fat
- During Workout: BCAA’s
- 1 Hour After Workout: Protein Shake
- 1 Hour After Protein Shake: Protein/Carb Meal (50 to 150 grams)
- 2 Hours After First Post Meal: Protein/Fat
- Before Bed: Protein/Fat
You may have noticed a couple things with the macros pertaining to the protein shake an hour after your gym workouts. The supplement industry and muscle building magazines will have you believe that you need a protein shake immediately after the workout. This is simply not true for a number of reasons. It would be to much to explain here in this article, but you can read the studies here=>3 studies Debunking The Anabolic Window
Also, if you are interested in learning a couple of carbohydrate tricks for optimal muscle building while losing fat, you can check that article out here=>3 Powerful Carb Timing Tricks To Build Muscle
Tip #2 The Right Training
Training Based On Muscle Fiber Type
Do you know your muscle fiber type? Knowing your muscle fiber type can dramatically make the difference in your muscle building physique goals.
I would recommend you click the image below and you’ll be taken to a page where you’ll be able to take a 30 second quiz that will tell you what your muscle fiber type is.
Here are some simple rules to follow when determining your muscle fiber type.
There are 3 main muscle fiber types:
- Better at sprinting as opposed to long distance running
- explosive power
- Vertical jump higher than 23 inches
- Less than 7 reps on 80% of your 1 rep max.
- Longer rest periods between sets
- Better at marathons or long distance running
- Vertical jump under 17 inches
- More than 7-9 reps on 80% of your 1 rep max
- Shorter rest periods between sets
- A combination of the 2 above (Fast and Slow Twitch)
Applying The 3 Mechanisms To Muscle Growth
A 2010 paper in the Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research by Brad Schoenfeld identified these three mechanisms of rapid muscle growth as – mechanical tension, metabolic stress, and muscle damage
Most guys who do not know how to optimize all three of these factors (mechanical tension, metabolic stress, and muscle damage) to muscle growth, end up spinning their wheels and become frustrated as to why they look the same month after month, year after year.
The fact is, muscle needs stimulation to grow. If you don’t expose your muscle to stress, there’s no driving force for muscle to grow.
The three proven methods below reveal EXACTLY how you can increase your muscle size and strength and incinerate fat… for your best body EVER—while you avoid plateaus caused by crappy and boring workouts that have already failed you in the past…
- 1. Mechanical Tension: Lifting Heavy For 2-6 reps and Resting For 2-5 Minutes Between Sets
- 2. Metabolic Stress: Lifting 80% of Your 1 Rep Max For 8-12 Reps and Resting For 40-90 Seconds Between Sets
- 3. Muscle Damage: Super-Sets, Drop Sets, Intraset Stretching, DRTS, Eccentric’s
If you are interested in learning more about the 3 mechanisms to muscle growth, See More Here: 3 Mechanisms To Muscle Growth
Tip #3 Recovery
If you are not applying the proper nutritional techniques mentioned in this article along with quality sleep, you are leaving a ton of muscle gains on the table.
Sleep is very important to muscle building. 7-8 hours of sleep is recommended for optimal recovery.
Below are a couple more simple techniques you can use to recover fast so you can get back in the gym.
- Alternating Cold and Warm Showers. This is an old technique that will flush out any lactic acid left in the muscle after an intense bout of exercise. To do this properly, stand under the shower and do 30 seconds cold water followed by 30 seconds warm water. Do this several times back and forth for about 5 minutes and you’ll be on your way to recovery.
- Supplement with ZMA’s and Fish Oils. Both these are great when taken at night before bed. ZMA’s are simply zinc and magnesium which you lose in your body after working out. Supplementing with ZMA’s will put back the zinc and magnesium you lost. Fish oils overall are a healthy fat and helps reduce inflammation. Take a couple (cod oil) before bed with your ZMA’s.
- Drink BCAA”s During Workouts. BCAA’s are essential for muscle building. You’ll need to take at least 20 grams a day to get any effect from it. BCAA’s help you during your workouts when you’re breaking down the muscle during intense exercise.
There are 4 Specialized Training Techniques That Are The Key To Unlock Your Body’s Natural Anabolic Growth Hormones Regardless Of Age Or Genetics.
Testosterone, Growth Hormone and Lactic Acid is more critical than your diet or any workout program you follow.
You must execute each rep, each set and each exercise using these 4 techniques above to kick-start the anabolic hormones responsible for lean muscle growth.
If you fail to apply ALL 4 of these techniques, it doesn’t matter how disciplined you are with your diet such as, how much protein, carbs, and fats you consume or what workout program you follow.
But if you act on what I just explained to you starting today, you’ll be way ahead of your buddies and other guys around the world.
Just imagine right NOW what a KILLER body will do for you in your job, marriage, dating relationships, winning the respect of others around you, rekindling an old flame, and the most valuable currency of all, time!
Imagine how you’ll feel right NOW when everything seems to go your way effortlessly because of your NEW physique that only took you a minimal amount of time to achieve.
To increase more testosterone and growth hormone while building noticeable, head-turning muscle WITHOUT all the negative side effect of dangerous drugs.
And to build a body that’s attractive and get stares from the opposite sex when you walk by.
Since I’ve begun sharing my secrets…
100’s of guys in 174 countries have used these EXACT techniques to pack on lean hard rock muscle in the shortest time possible WITHOUT drugs or BOGUS supplements.
My desire is for you to experience the same thing for yourself.
I have put together a step by step system which will unlock the muscle building hormones hidden inside your body.
This training program increases testosterone……growth hormone…leanness and mass… and is based on science.
This program is called, “180 Muscle”
This program is completely different. It is different than anything you’ve ever tried in the gym.
It is the first and only workout that uses ALL four training techniques… maximized to produce lactic acid responsible for releasing natural testosterone and growth hormone in order to build lean and rock hard muscle in just 180 minutes a week!
You’ll ONLY train 4 days a week BUT…hit each muscle group TWICE!
No one’s training program does that!
When you consider the research, it’s pretty obvious to see why you haven’t experienced the results you truly want and deserve:
If you’ve been following any other workout programs… you’re robbing yourself of unleashing the body’s own anabolic hormones for maximal GROWTH.